Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes

I'd like to share a story with you and I'm not looking for sympathy, but for your understanding and continued support.

I started my business "The Computer Guy" in 1996 with the main focus on the home computer user. As time went on and our name was given out here and there, I expanded to take care of some small business clients and national accounts through contract work. My business model was based on "Reliable Service / Reasonable Rates." I still strive for that today.

Over the past six months, I have continued to be as busy as can be on the road, servicing computers in homes and in businesses all over North Central Iowa, however, our business at the shop has slipped. Some would blame the economy, the election, the nay-sayers, the bad crops, or you name it -- people can blame anything on any situation.

Myself, I think people are just used to service when they want it and where they want it, people have migrated to tablets, some may have gone to other systems instead of getting their computers fixed by us, or in some (hopefully mild) cases have chosen a competitor over us. Whatever the situation, it has caused me to do some thinking about my business plan and what is best for the business.

What I have come up with will shock some people or make people scratch their heads a bit. However, as of October 20th, I am moving my business BACK to my home. I want to be as mobile as I can be in serving my customers with "Reliable Service, with Reasonable Rates."

The decision involved many people and I thank them for all of their support. I'm NOT going out of business, just refocusing it a bit. Kirt, Bob and Becky will still be doing some work for me on the road and our phone number will still ring to my phone.

I've enjoyed being downtown for the last 3 years, but it's just time for a change and I think this will be a positive one for my business and my customers. My customers are the best and I can't wait to continue to serve them!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on your business. Sometimes one has to rethink how to make a business be successful.. My friend Jane and Gene Elphic live in your area and she is all the time having problems with her computer. They have the E&E towing or repair business..
    Good Luck and you are much needed for us people who are not computer savy to call for help.
    ta ta for now from Iowa:) Springville..

    ReplyDelete